Several ONA councils, committees and caucuses are a seeking ONA members to fill vacancies.
ONA members are encouraged to visit connect.ohnurses.org and fill out their volunteer profile before applying for volunteer opportunities. Volunteer profile information accompanies application information.
To complete the volunteer profile:
1) Log into connect.ohnurses.org.
2) Click on Volunteer -> Opt into Volunteer Pool -> Opt In
3) Click the link to fill out your Volunteer Profile
Please note: Members must be logged into ONAConnect to view and apply for opportunities.
Continuing Education Council
The Continuing Education Council (CEC) is composed of members who meet the most current accreditation criteria for peer reviewers.
The members of the CEC study and evaluate matters relating to continuing nursing and/or inter-professional education by:
- Supporting the approval process for continuing individual continuing education activities and providers of continuing education;
- Assessing proposed plans for continuing education programs in the state and recommending appropriate action;
- Providing input in the proposed law, rule, and criteria changes related to continuing education; and
- Performing or initiating other duties related to continuing education with the approval of the Board.
The Awards Committee reviews nominations submitted by districts, local units or the general membership and determines who receives ONA awards (which are presented at convention). This committee may also be asked to determine ONF award winners, if the ONF Board is unable to do so due to a potential conflict of interest (i.e., an ONF board member is one of the nominees).
The Scholarships Committee
The Scholarships Committee reviews scholarship applications prior to the annual Nurses Choice Awards luncheon and selects the scholarship recipient(s) for each scholarship category.
Research Grant Committee
The Research Grants Committee reviews research grant applications prior to the annual Nurses Choice Awards luncheon and selects the award winners.
The Finance Committee
The Finance Committee is largely made up of Board of Directors with one non-Board member appointed each biennium. The committee reviews the ONA budget and financials and makes recommendations to the Board regarding the expenditure of funds.
The Bylaws Committee
For the 2017-2019 biennium, the Bylaws Committee, a committee of the House of Delegates, shall:
- Review bylaws and proposed amendments to the bylaws of ONA and submit recommended changes to the Board and to the ANA Committee on Bylaws prior to noticing the delegates to the next House of Delegates.
- Review the bylaws of any nurses’ association on a district level wishing to become a district association of ONA. The committee will report to the Board whose decision on the recommendations will be final.
- Advise district associations concerning proposed amendments to their bylaws to ensure conformity with ONA bylaws.
- Review bylaws of district associations, organizational affiliates and local units to ensure conformity with ONA bylaws.
- ONA will submit proposed amendments to their bylaws to the ANA Committee on Bylaws within two (2) years from the year that ANA amends or revises the ANA Bylaws.
Council on Practice
The Council on Practice interprets professional standards of practice and develops and updates ONA practice statements.
Caucus on Advancing Nursing Education
The Caucus on Advancing Nursing Education engages in educational, supportive, collaborative, regulatory and legislation activities that advance the academic education of the Ohio nurse workforce.
The Environmental and Community Health Special Interest Caucus
The Environmental & Community Health Special Interest Caucus researches specific environmental or community health issues and presents the information to the ONA board for informed decision-making regarding any position that ONA might decide to adopt.
The Behavioral Health Caucus
The Behavioral Health Caucus will focus their advisory workgroup on efforts that support work being done in our state to combat opioid addiction, safeguard treatment, address the lack of services provided for individuals suffering with mental health diagnoses, and other recommended actions as approved by the 2017 House of Delegates.
The Special Interest Caucus on Cultural Diversity in Nursing
The Special Interest Caucus on Cultural Diversity in Nursing is a space for nurses to research, communicate and educate practices regarding culturally diverse patient and professional nursing and the competence to which we understand each.
The Ohio Nurses Review Committee
The Ohio Nurses Review Committee contributes to the planning, concepts, subject matter and content creation of the Ohio Nurses Review member publication. It is desired that committee members have a passion for writing and stay abreast on nursing issues and trends.
Social Media Ambassador
Help us spread the word on social media! This volunteer opportunity is for someone who can commit to regularly liking and sharing our social media posts.
Social Media Ambassadors may also be asked to post and/or tweet suggested ONA messaging on their accounts to help us promote events, campaigns and issues.