The Ohio Nurses Association already supports nursing research through its charitable arm – the Ohio Nurses Foundation. Now ONA is offering a new grant program to further support nursing research. The grant program is a resource and one-stop-shop for any nurse to view available grant opportunities. ONA members will also have the added benefit of personalized assistance in finding and applying for specific opportunities.
What is the goal of the program?
- To encourage and support nurses in pursuing research that improves patient outcomes and the profession.
- To encourage Ohio nurses to take the lead in identifying and analyzing issues in our health care environments and finding the solutions to those obstacles.
- To encourage research to improve patient outcomes, nursing, and health care as a whole.
Why did ONA create the program?
- To augment the Ohio Nurses Foundation’s support for nursing research.
- To bring attention to outside funding opportunities to propel your work further.
How will it work?
- Funding opportunities available through private and public sources will be posted on the ONA website on an ongoing basis.
- The site will provide grant funding opportunity summaries, funding levels, due dates, and links to additional information.
- The website portal will be open to the public. The funding opportunity service for ONA members will also include support on searches for specific projects and guidance in determining which funding opportunities best align with an individual nurse’s interest.
ONA is hosting a 3-part informational webinar series. The webinars will cover the grant process from searching for prospective funding sources to developing your actual grant application packet.
The webinar dates are June 20th at 12:00 p.m., June 21st, at 12:00 p.m., and June 22nd at 12:00 p.m. Registration information is available at www.ohnurses.org/events or by using the links below.
For more information, contact Lisa Walker, Health Policy Specialist, at email@example.com or 614-448-1031.
Informational Webinar Registration
June 20th – Grant Training Part 1: Identifying Prospective Funding Sources for Your Project
June 21st – Grant Training Part 2: Developing Your Grant Proposal
June 22nd – Grant Training Part 3: In-depth Look at Work Plans, Logic Models, Budgets, and the use of Tables & Charts