The Ohio Nurses Association sent a letter to Governor Kasich asking for his veto on Sub Senate Bill 329 – a bill that could be detrimental to services provided Ohio’s sick, needy and veteran populations.
Sub Senate Bill 329 seeks to form a standing committee to review the state departments in the Governor’s cabinet. This standing committee alone would have the power to cease operations of the following departments without vote of the full legislature – eliminating important checks and balances:
- The Department of Health
- The Department of Developmental Disabilities
- The Department of Aging
- The Department of Medicaid
- The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
- the Department of Veterans Services, and
- The Office of Health Transformation.